The AirWatch Content Management solution provides the end users with options to manage their personal content on enrolled devices. The Personal Content repository is a location where end users have complete control over the files that are stored within it. Only the deployments that purchased the appropriate licenses can configure the security permissions that enable this repository for end users.
When Personal Content repository is enabled, the end users are provided with the following capabilities:
- Upload and download personal content to the repository
- Access repository content from multiple mediums
- Manage personal content stored in the repository
The end users can access and upload content to the repository using:
- VMware Content Locker application
- Supported web browser with the Self-Service Portal
- Personal computer with VMware Content Locker Sync
To protect the personal content of end users, AirWatch Content Management solution provides the following security features:
- The data in transit is secured using SSL encryption
- The content that is stored and deployed in Personal Content repository is protected with AES 256-bit encryption
- VMware Content Locker v2.2 and above for iOS utilizes NSFileProtectionComplete class to store content
Depending on the deployment model, you can store Personal Content repository files in the AirWatch database that is hosted on-premise or in the cloud. Alternatively, you can leverage Remote File Storage to store personal content on-premise, regardless of the deployment model.
The AirWatch Content Management solution provides you the options to allocate and manage the storage quota for the Personal Content repository. You can also configure individual user storage quotas in the AirWatch Console at Groups & Settings > All Settings > Content > Personal Content.