The staging Wi-Fi profile connects a device to a Wi-Fi network used for enrollment if the device is not configured to a network.
To create the staging Wi-Fi profile:
- Navigate to Devices > Staging > Provisioning > Components > Profiles > Add Profile > Android.
- Select the General profile option.
- Set the Profile Scope of the Wi-Fi profile:
- Staging Wi-Fi Profile – Connects a device to the Wi-Fi used for staging.
- Production Wi-Fi Profile – Connects a device to the Wi-Fi used for everyday use. Production Wi-Fi profiles are under Device ► Profiles ► List View ► Add. You must use auto deployment and publish the profile before staging a device with it
- Both – Connects the device to Wifi to be used for staging and continues use during production.
- Navigate to Wi-Fi > Configure.
- Provide the Service Set Identifier to name the network to which the device will connect.
- Indicate if the Wi-Fi network is a Hidden Network.
- Ensure the WiFi is setup as the Active Network.
- Specify the Security Type of access protocol used and whether certificates are required.
- Provide the Password required for the device to connect to the network.
- Select Save & Publish.