Configure rules that control how devices are assigned to organization groups following enrollment. You can only create one custom attribute assignment rule for each organization group you run.
To create assignment rules, follow the directions below.
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > Devices & Users > General > Advanced.
- Set Enable Device Assignment Rules to Enabled.
- Set the Type to Organization Group by Custom Attribute.
- Select Save.
- Navigate to Devices > Staging & Provisioning > Custom Attributes > List View > Add > Add Attribute and create a custom attribute if you have not already done so. See Creating Custom Attributes for more information.
- Navigate to Devices > Staging & Provisioning > Custom Attributes > Custom Attributes Assignment Rules > Add Rule .
- Select the Organization Group to which the rule assigns devices.
Select Add Rule to configure the logic of the rule.
Setting Description Attribute/Application
This is the custom attribute with corresponding values for determining device assignment.
This operator compares the Attribute to the Value to determine if the device qualifies for the product.
When using more than one Operator in a rule, you must include a Logical Operator between each Operator.
Value This is the value of the custom attribute. All values from all applicable devices are listed here for the Attribute selected for the rule. Add Logical Operator Select to display a drop-down menu of logical operators such as AND, OR, NOT, and parentheses. Allows for more complex rules.
- Select Save after configuring the logic of the rule.
When a device with an assigned attribute enrolls, the rule assigns the device to the configured organization group.