Basic authentication assures enhanced security as this authentication type requires users to provide a valid user name and password to access content. You can use the basic authentication to secure the Secure Email Gateway (SEG) endpoint with the AirWatch Console and enhance the security when sending policy updates.
- On the Secure Email Gateway server:
- In the IIS Manager, expand Default Web Site and select SEGConsole.
Select Authentication, select Basic Authentication, and deselect Anonymous Authentication.
- Navigate to Server Manager > Local Users and Groups > Users, and create a basic user name and password.
- On the AirWatch Console, when configuring the SEG deployment:
- Select the Basic Authentication check box.
- Enter the username and password that you created in step c.