Workplace is the native MDM enrollment method for Windows 8.1 devices. Enrolling through Workplace and without WADS requires manually entering end-user credentials.
This enrollment method requires an optional update from Microsoft. For more information about this update, refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2955164.
To enroll through Workplace without WADS:
Navigate on the device to Settings > Change PC Settings > Network > Workplace.
Enter the user name you provided to your end user into the Email text box, followed by the domain for the environment in the format Username@domain.com (such as email@example.com).
The email address text box does not display for devices that are domain joined.
- Under Turn on device management, set the Automatically detect server address slider to Off.
Enter server address as follows: <DeviceServicesURL>/DeviceServices/Discovery.aws. Do not include 'https://' in the URL.
For example: ds156.awmdm.com/deviceservices/discovery.aws.
- Select Turn On.
Enter the Group ID and select Next.
- Enter your username and password and select Next.
These credentials may be your directory services credentials or dedicated credentials specific to your AirWatch environment.
Complete the optional steps if you choose to allow device users the ability to make these selections.
- Select the Device Ownership type, Employee Owned, Corporate-Dedicated, or Corporate-Shared.
- Select Next.
- Select the I understand check box to allow installation of applications and services deployed.
- Select Turn On. If the button changes from Turn On to Turn Off, you have successfully enrolled the device. Do not select Turn Off or the device unenrolls from AirWatch.