The Getting Started Wizard serves as a checklist that walks you through the AirWatch Console settings step by step. It presents only those modules within your specific deployment which produces an on-boarding experience tailored to your configuration.
The Getting Started page is split into four sections: Workspace ONE, Mobile Device Management, Mobile Content Management, and Mobile Application Management. Each section has its own set of steps. Steps that are shared among all sections are tracked automatically so you never have to complete the same step twice.
- Workspace ONE – Manage, monitor, and support all desktops, BYOD, and corporate-owned devices in a single, secure catalog of apps.
- Mobile Device Management (MDM) – Establish the level of control you want to have over your devices, add users, and enroll devices into the AirWatch system.
- Mobile Content Management (MCM) – Identify and secure personal content, add users, and configure content management specifications.
- Mobile Application Management (MAM) – Determine how users install suggested apps and identify and install public apps to enrolled devices.
Navigate the Getting Started Wizard
The Getting Started Wizard is run in a way that is most convenient to you. It not only tracks how far along you are, it can be started, paused, restarted later, and rewound to review prior responses.
- Select Start Wizard to initiate the first step in a module. Here, you answer questions and access the exact pages within the AirWatch Console to configure settings for each feature. As you answer each question, the percentage counter progresses and displays how far along you are in completing the module.
- If you stop a module before completing it, select Continue to return to where you left off.
- You can opt out of any module by selecting Skip Section, which temporarily disables the Continue button and inserts a Resume Section link. Enable the Continue button once more by selecting this link.
- You can review your responses to any module at any time by selecting Review Section from each completed module.
- As each substep in the module is completed, a small check mark is placed in the header for that substep. The green status bar at the top representing the whole module, progresses further.
- Select the Back button at any time to return to the previous question or screen.
Enable the Getting Started Wizard
For a new AirWatch implementation, access the Getting Started page from the main menu, located above the Hub icon in the left panel. However, you can manually enable the Getting Started Wizard at any time. Manually enabling the Getting Started Wizard restarts the walk-through.
To enable the Getting Started Wizard manually
- Select any Organization Group other than the top-level group.
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > Groups > Organization Groups > Organization Group Details. Ensure that you are currently at a customer-level organization group and Save your changes.
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > System > Getting Started.
- Select Enable for each of the settings on this page:
- Getting Started Device Status
- Getting Started Content Status
- Getting Started Application Status
- Save changes to the page.
For more information, see Organization Groups Overview.