Before you install the remote management service onto your server, configure the installer in the AirWatch Console. This installer contains all the settings your remote management server requires to communicate with the AirWatch Console.
To create the configuration package, take the following steps.
- In the AirWatch Console, navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > System > Enterprise Integration > Remote Management.
- Select Configure to start the remote management setup wizard. If the Configure button is dimmed, select Override to change the Remote Management settings for the Organization Group.
- On the Configuration Type screen, enter the server Hostname and HTTPS Port. Select whether the server is External Facing or Behind a Proxy (load balancer). Select Next.
On the Details screen, enable SSL Offloading and upload the SSL certificate if applicable.
Enable this option when the Remote Management Server has its own SSL certificate (and not SSL offloaded from the load balancer). This setting is required in cases where your configuration does not include intermediate entities such as load balancers. If you enable this feature, you must also upload the PFX containing the server certificate and a valid password if the PFX private key is password-protected.
The Remote Management Server host certificate must be uploaded on the AirWatch Console for whitelisting.
If your server is behind a proxy, enter the Listening Port. This port is the port where the Remote Management server listens for connections. The default port is 7779.
If you are using a load balancer, the external port is an approved standard port (typically 443 if no other service is using this port). The external port is then forwarded internally to a different port on the Remote Management Server (7779 by default but any custom port can be configured). If you are using a non-secured configuration, you can use port 80 (assuming no other service is using this port).
If the RMS server is a node behind a load balancer, you must configure the load balancer to forward all the requests to this external port.
If you use the default port of 7779, you may need to configure an exemption in your firewall.
- Select Save.
- On the Summary screen, select Download Remote Management Server Installer. Depending on your device platform, there may be other steps necessary. These steps are listed on the Summary screen.
- Enter a Password that secures the Signer Certificate and the SSL certificate (if you have enabled Secure Deploy).