Before reading this guide, gather and prepare the requirements AirWatch requires for Windows 7 devices.
Windows 7 interchangeably refers to the following supported Windows Operating Systems:
|32-bit||Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10|
|64-bit||Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10|
Silent Enrollment Agent Requirements
Win32Agent_installer.exe file version 3.8.2 to 6.0.4 or AirwatchAgent.msi version 7.0.0 or later must be downloaded or accessible to the Windows device.
- Supported OS: Windows 7 Enterprise and Ultimate, 32-bit or 64-bit with .NET 4.5 framework.
- Levels of Encryption: System partition and complete hard disk.
- Default Encryption Type: BitLocker native encryption.
Enrollment Requirements for All Windows 7 Devices
- Enrollment URL – The web address entered into the Internet browser to begin the enrollment procedure. This location is specific to your company's enrollment environment.
- Group ID – The unique identifier specific to the organization group within the environment which defines all configurations that devices receive.
- Credentials – The username and password used to authenticate the end-user’s account and to access the AirWatch environment. These credentials can be identical to the end-user's directory services credentials or specific to AirWatch.
- Local Administrator Privileges – End users must have Admin Rights or be part of the Administrator Group to properly run the AirWatch Agent EXE on their device.
AirWatch Agent Prerequisites
Before using the AirWatch Agent for Windows 7, you must download the following:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86)
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64)
If you do not have .NET 4.5 or above installed before beginning the device enrollment process, the AirWatch Agent prompts you to install it before continuing enrollment.