AirWatch allows you to configure Launcher profiles to support multiple end users sharing a single device. Use this feature to customize the Launcher for individual users and their different applications to meet their individual roles.
You must enroll the device into the Parent organization group for the Launcher profiles for various User Categories to push to the device.
To configure the Launcher profile for shared devices:
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > Devices & Users > Windows > Windows Rugged > Agent Settings .
- Select Enable Shared Device Mode.
- Navigate to Accounts > Users > User Settings > Categories > Add and enter the Name and Description. Consider creating the User Categories based on the various roles end users have that require different applications on the device. For example, basic users require different applications than a shift supervisor or manager. To accommodate this requirement, create different User Categories for the basic user, shift supervisor, and manager.
- Navigate to Accounts > Users > List View and Add new user or Edit an existing one.
- Enable Show Advanced User Details and select the applicable Category based on the role of the user.
- Create and configure a Launcher Profile. Select the applicable User Category based on the role of the user for this specific Launcher profile.
- Configured more Launcher profiles for each end-user role. For more information, see Create a Launcher Profile
End users must enter their credentials and their group ID. To remove the need to enter the group ID, navigate to Settings > All Settings > Devices & Users > General > Shared Device and set the Group Assignment Mode to Fixed Organization Group.