You will register multiple devices by using the batch import option in the AirWatch Console:
- Navigate to Accounts > Users > List View > Add > Batch Import to open the Batch Import Form.
- Enter the basic information including a Batch Name and Batch Description for reference in the AirWatch Console.
- Select the information icon ( ) to access available Batch Type templates as well as a description of each. Next, choose the applicable template that best suits your environment by making a choice in the Batch Type drop-down field.
- Select the information icon ( ) again to select the appropriate Download Template and Example for this Batch Type and save the comma-separated values (.CSV) file somewhere accessible. Download the simple or advanced template listed under the Users And/Or Devices section.
Open this .CSV file template and enter all relevant information for each device in the template. Make sure the following columns are populated:
- Enter the Device Serial Number provided by Intel.
- Verify that Android is listed at the Device Platform.
Enter serial numbers with double quotation marks (ex: "123456") to avoid truncating the values. Truncated values will cause devices to be blacklisted by AirWatch MDM.
Three sample users are added to the top of the template to be used as a reference for the type of information intended to be placed in each column. To register a device, make sure that column X (User Only Registration) is set to No. To register an additional device to the same user account, make sure that all information in columns A through W is the same. The remaining columns are used to register each additional device. To store advanced registration information, make sure that column AF (Store Advanced Device Info) is set to Yes.
- Save the completed template as a .CSV file, return to the AirWatch Console, select Choose File from the Batch Import Form and select the completed .CSV file.
- Select Save to complete registration for all listed users and corresponding devices.