Once the iBeacon group is established, you can assign the group to a device profile. This profile is then installed on the device when it enters the iBeacon group and is removed when it exits the group.
To assign an iBeacon group to a device profile:
- Navigate to Devices > Profiles & Resources > Profiles. Choose Add > Add Profile or Edit an existing profile using the pencil button on the left-side of the profile. A General profile window appears.
- Scroll to Additional Assignment Criteria on the General profile.
- Select Install only on devices inside selected areas and select the iBeacon from Assigned Geofence Areas.
- Continue to configure the payload as needed.
- Select Save & Publish. You can now manage devices in the iBeacon group with the AirWatch Agent.