With Workspace ONE Direct Enrollment enabled, logging into the enrollment organization group using a qualifying device and user with the Workspace ONE app means that you are immediately enrolled.
Your users are also given the chance to install apps immediately which your company finds useful. Alternately, they can skip this step in favor of app installation at a later date.
To enroll a device with Workspace ONE Direct Enrollment, the end user takes the following steps.
- Download, install, and run the Workspace ONE app from the platform-specific app store or repository.
- Enter the server URL or email address.
- Enter your directory services username and password.
Select affirmative steps specific to your platform to install or enable Workspace Services.
- iOS – allow the server to open Settings, enter your device passcode, install an unsigned device profile, and open a screen in Workspace.
- Android – Install AirWatch Agent, allow Agent to make and manage phone calls, select the ownership for your device with an option to enter the device asset number, activate the device admin application, then sign into Workspace ONE.
- When Workspace ONE finishes the install routine, you can Continue to install apps.
- You can install individual apps selected from a list, Install all, or Skip this step entirely.