Identify Corporate Devices and Specify Default Device Ownership
Preparing a list of devices can be useful if you have a mix of corporate-owned devices and employee-owned devices which employees enroll themselves.
As enrollment commences, devices you identified as Corporate-Owned have their ownership type configured automatically based on what you selected. Then you can configure all employee-owned devices – which are not in the list – to enroll with an ownership type as Employee-Owned.
The following procedure explains how to import a list of pre-approved corporate devices. You can apply the Corporate-Owned ownership type after enrollment automatically, even if you have a restriction that automatically applies the Employee-Owned ownership type.
Restrictions for an open enrollment, by contrast, explicitly allow or block the enrollment for devices matching parameters you identify including platform, model, and operating system.
Navigate to Devices > Lifecycle > Enrollment Status and select Add, then Batch Import.
You can also select Whitelisted Devices to enter up to 30 whitelisted devices at a time by IMEI, UDID, or Serial Number. You can also select either Corporate Owned or Corporate Shared as the Ownership Type.
- Enter a Batch Name and Batch Description, then select Add Whitelisted Device as the Batch Type.
- Select Choose File to upload a file or select the information icon to download a sample template. If saving a template, proceed to fill out the necessary information.
- Select Save.
Now, set the Default Device Ownership type to Employee Owned for all open enrollment.
- Navigate to Devices > Devices Settings > Devices & Users > General > Enrollment and choose the Grouping tab.
- Select Employee Owned as the Default Device Ownership.
- Select the Default Role assigned to the user, which determines the level of access the user has to the Self-Service Portal (SSP).
- Select the Default Action for Inactive Users, which determines what to do if the user is marked as inactive.
- Select Save.