Registering devices before they are enrolled is optional and allows you to restrict an enrollment to registered devices only. Another benefit is tracking enrollment statuses.
You can register multiple devices using a batch import feature which saves time.
To register multiple devices:
- Navigate to Accounts > Users > List View or Devices > Lifecycle > Enrollment Status.
- Select Add and then Batch Import to open the Batch Import form.
- Complete each of the required fields. Batch Name, Batch Description, and Batch Type.
- Select the information icon ( ) located next to the Batch File (CSV) field to access the User and Device Import help page featuring .csv templates and a description of each.
- Select the appropriate Download Template and Example for this Batch Type and save the comma-separated values (CSV) file to somewhere accessible.
Locate the saved CSV file, open it, and enter all the relevant information for each of the devices that you want to import. The template is pre-populated with three sample entries demonstrating the type of information intended to be placed in each column.Important:
Enter all data containing only numerical values in double quotation marks (for example, "123456") to avoid having the values truncated. Truncated data in the CSV file may result in devices being blacklisted by VMware AirWatch MDM.
- To register a device, make sure that column X (User Only Registration) is set to No.
- To register an additional device to the same user account, make sure that all information in columns A through W is the same. The remaining columns are used to register each additional device.
- To store advanced registration info, make sure that column AF (Store Advanced Device Info) is set to Yes.
- Save the completed template as a CSV file. In the AirWatch Console, select Choose File from the Batch Import form, navigate to the path where you saved the completed CSV file and select it.
- Select Save to complete registration for all listed users and corresponding devices.