Direct enrollment with Workspace ONE supports the following platforms and enrollment options.
- Android Enterprise
Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > Devices & Users > General > Enrollment, select each applicable tab, and make your selections based on compatibility with Workspace ONE Direct Enrollment, outlined below.
The following authentication options are compatible with Workspace ONE Direct Enrollment.
- Directory Users
SAML plus Active Directory Users are supported "on-the-fly". SAML without LDAP users are supported so long as the user record pre-exists in AirWatch at the time of initial login.
Basic Users, Staging Users, SAML without Directory Users, and Authentication Proxy users are not currently supported.
- Open Enrollment
- Workspace ONE does not check the Require Agent for iOS or macOS settings, which are used to block web enrollment on their respective platforms.
All grouping options are compatible with Workspace ONE Direct Enrollment.
The following restrictions options are compatible with Workspace ONE Direct Enrollment.
- Known Users and Configured Groups
- Maximum Enrolled Device Limit
- Policy settings are partially supported.
- Allowed Ownership Types – Workspace ONE only prompts for employee-owned and Corporate Dedicated. If you do not want either, disable optional prompt and use the default ownership type.
- Allowed Enrollment Types are not supported.
- Device Platform, Device Model, and OS Restrictions are supported.
- User Group Restrictions
The following optional prompts options are compatible with Workspace ONE Direct Enrollment.
- Prompt for Device Ownership
- Prompt for Asset Number (supported only when Prompt for Device Ownership is enabled)
- All other optional prompts are not supported.
The following customization options are compatible with Workspace ONE Direct Enrollment.
- Use specific Message Template for each Platform
- Post-Enrollment Landing URL (iOS only)
- MDM Profile Message (iOS only)
- Use Custom MDM Applications
- Enrollment Support Email and Enrollment Support Phone are not supported.
Device staging through Workspace ONE Direct Enrollment is not supported. If you must stage a device, whether for single or multiple users, you must enroll the device using AirWatch Agent instead of Workspace ONE Direct Enrollment.