Before you install the VMware Identity Manager connector, log in to the VMware Identity Manager administration console and generate an activation code for the connector. This activation code is used to establish communication between the service and the connector.
- Log in to the administration console.
- Click the Identity & Access Management tab.
- Click Setup.
- On the Connectors page, click Add Connector.
- Enter a name for the connector.
- Click Generate Activation Code.
The activation code displays on the page.
- Copy the activation code and save it.
You need the activation code later when you deploy the connector.
You can now install the connector virtual appliance.