After you install the Identity Manager Desktop application on your Windows system, sign in to your apps portal and access the ThinApp applications to which you are entitled.
- If Identity Manager Desktop is not running, from the Windows Start menu, select .
The application's icon () appears in the Windows task bar.
- Click the icon and select Connect to server.
- Enter the Identity Manager server URL and click OK.
- Click the icon again and select Log in .
If Kerberos has been configured on your server, you will be logged in automatically. Otherwise, proceed with the following steps.
- Select your domain and click Next.
- Enter your user name and password, and click Sign in.
- Click the icon and select Open my Identity Manager Portal to view and start the ThinApp applications to which you are entitled.
The sign in process might be different if your service has been configured for alternate authentication methods.
When you click a ThinApp application in the your apps portal, it is added to your system's Start menu and Program Files folder, or to your desktop, depending on the application. The application is either downloaded to your system or run from the network share, as configured by your administrator. Note that an application that appears in the user portal might not be available on your system until the next time the Identity Manager Desktop client syncs with the service.
The Identity Manager Desktop syncs the applications to your Windows system at regular intervals. If your administrator entitles you to a new application, or provides an update, it appears on your system after the next sync.