If you are using a database other than a SQL Server Always On deployment, you must edit the runtime-config.properties files for the VMware Identity Manager appliances in the secondary data center to change the JDBC URL to point to the database in the secondary data center and to configure the appliance for read-only access. If you are using a SQL Server Always On deployment, this step is not required.
About this task
Make these changes in each VMware Identity Manager appliance in the secondary data center.
- Using a ssh client, log in to the VMware Identity Manager appliance as the root user.
- Open the runtime-config.properties file at /usr/local/horizon/conf/runtime-config.properties.
- Change the JDBC URL to point to the database for the secondary data center.
- Configure the VMware Identity Manager appliance to have read-only access.
Add the line read.only.service=true.
- Restart the Tomcat server on the appliance.
service horizon-workspace restart