The integration includes alternating actions between AirWatch and Appthority. Actions happen in a sequence so that the system reports accurate results and AirWatch can act against threats identified by the system.
For help with the integration or with the migration of an existing integration, contact your Professional Services Representative.
Interactions between the systems occur in the listed order. This depiction does not include the app scanning integration service that acts as a secure communication layer between AirWatch, Appthority, and the enterprise. Professional Services offers help to admins with these steps.
Set the prerequisites to enable the communication between AirWatch and Appthority.
- Admins configure an integration admin in the AirWatch Console.
- Admins download the signing certificate from Appthority to upload to the AirWatch Console.
Configure AirWatch to send applications to Appthority.
- Admins enable communication and upload the Appthority signing certificate.
- Admins download the AirWatch signing certificate and upload it to Appthority.
- Sync either automatically with the Scheduler or manually in the AirWatch Console.
- Appthority takes the listed actions and sends analysis results to AirWatch.
- Appthority analyzes applications sent from AirWatch.
- Appthority identifies suspicious Android and iOS applications and sends the analysis.
- Act on blacklisted applications with compliance policies in AirWatch.
- AirWatch creates blacklisted app groups from Appthority's results. It creates an app group for Android and a separate group for iOS.
- Admins configure compliance policies that act on the applications in the app groups.
- Manage the integration in AirWatch with events, app groups, and refresh and reconfigure actions.
- Admins view Console Events for integration activity.
- Admins can deactivate blacklisted app groups.
- Admins can refresh and reconfigure integration.