A major challenge in managing employee-owned devices is balancing the need for end-user privacy and enterprise security. AirWatch helps address these concerns by providing two types of enrollment for BYOD users.
AirWatch helps you customize how the end user enrolls a personal device. Before you begin, consider how you plan to manage employee-owned devices. For example, you can:
- Require employee-owned devices to enroll using the AirWatch Container application.
- Require employee-owned devices to enroll using the AirWatch Agent.
- Permit employees who enroll their own devices to select their Group ID or ownership type.
- Add corporate-owned whitelisted devices, then set all other devices that enroll to "employee-owned" by default.
- Allow or block certain platforms or operating systems based on your enterprise security requirements.
The following sections detail these considerations and help you determine the best enrollment configuration for your environment.