If you have many directory users to add to AirWatch, you can save time by initiating a batch import process.
- Navigate to Accounts > Users > Batch Status or Devices > Lifecycle > Enrollment Status > Add and select Batch Import.
- Enter the basic information including a Batch Name and Batch Description in the AirWatch Console.
- Select the applicable batch type from the Batch Type drop-down menu.
Select and download the template that best matches the kind of batch import you are making.
Blacklisted Devices – Import a list of known, non-compliant devices by IMEI, Serial Number, or UDID. Blacklisted devices are not allowed to enroll. If a blacklisted device attempts to enroll, it is automatically blocked.
Whitelisted Devices – Import pre-approved devices by IMEI, Serial Number, or UDID. Use this import a list of known, trusted devices. The ownership and group ID associated to this device is automatically applied to the device during enrollment.
User / Device – Choose between a Simple and an Advanced CSV template. The simple template features only the most often-used options and the Advanced template features the full, unabridged compliment of options.
Open the CSV file, which consists of a CSV (comma-separated values) file that is populated with a single row completed with a sample device data. The CSV file features several columns corresponding to the setting that display on the Add / Edit User page. The GroupID column corresponds to the Enrollment Organization Group setting on the Add / Edit User page.Note:
A CSV file is simply a text file whose extension has been changed from "TXT" to "CSV" which stands for comma separated values. It stores tabular data (numbers and text) in plain text. Each line of the file is a data record. Each record consists of one or more fields, separated by commas. It can be opened with any text editor. It can also be opened with Microsoft Excel.
You can confirm whether or not users are part of the enrollment organization group (OG).
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > Devices & Users > General > Enrollment and check the Grouping tab.
- If the Group ID Assignment Mode is set to Default, then your users are part of the enrollment OG.
- For a directory-based enrollment, the Security Type for each user must be Directory.
- Enter data for your organization's users, including device information (if applicable) and save the file.
- Return to the Batch Import page and select Choose File to locate and upload the CSV file that you had previously downloaded and filled out.
- Select Save.
The user account and device details, if included, are added to the AirWatch Console. From here, you can send your users an enrollment message. This enrollment message prompts them to initiate enrollment or supplies registration tokens for simplified single-click or dual-factor enrollment.
For more information about these options,