Before deploying Smart Glasses, consider the following requirements from the AirWatch team. Familiarizing yourself with the information available in this section helps prepare you for a successful deployment of devices.
Supported Operating Systems
- AirWatch Admin Console v8.2+
- A PC or Mac computer equipped with Android Debug Bridge is needed for sideload staging.
Google Glass only: Google Glass OS version EE13 or above.
- Google Glass runs a version of the Android OS, but not all features that are available on mobile devices are available on Google Glass. Google Glass OS versions are identified as EExx. EE13 has the capability for AirWatch to push apps and is the minimum recommended version for customers. Contact Google to get information on how to upgrade your device.
- All Smart Glasses must be registered in the AirWatch Console in a separate Organization Group.
- Disable the following enrollment settings:
- Optional Prompts
Create separate Android profiles for your Smart Glasses deployment. Do no reuse Android mobile profiles.
- Enable Direct Prompt in Agent Settings to allow silent application install.