Any edits that you apply to a smart group affects all policies and profiles to which that smart group is assigned.
For example, a smart group for executives is assigned to a compliance policy, device profile, and two internal apps. If you want to exclude some of the executives, then simply edit the smart group by specifying Exclusions. This action removes not only the two internal apps but also the compliance policy and device profile from those excluded devices.
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > Groups > Assignment Groups.
- Select the Edit icon ( ) located to the left of the listed smart group that you want to edit. You can also select the smart group name in the Group column. The Edit Smart Group page displays with its existing settings.
- In the Edit Smart Group page, alter Criteria or Devices and Users (depending upon which type the smart group was saved with) and then select Next.
- In the View Assignments page, you can review which profiles, apps, books, provisions, and policies may be added or removed from the devices as a result.
- Select Publish to save your smart group edits. All profiles, apps, books, provisions, and policies tied to this smart group update their device assignments based on this edit.
The Console Event logger track changes made to smart groups, including the author of changes, devices added, and devices removed.
Delete a Smart Group
When you have no further use for a smart group, you can delete it. You can only delete one smart group at a time. Selecting more than one smart group causes the Delete button to be unavailable. If a smart group is assigned, you are not permitted to delete it.
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > Groups > Assignment Groups and locate the smart group you want to delete from the listing.
- Select the check box to the left of the smart group name and select Delete from the actions menu that displays.
Unassign a Smart Group
You can unassign a smart group from an application, book, channel, policy, profile, or product. This action removes the associated content from all devices in the smart group.
- Unassign smart groups from applications, books, compliance policies, device profiles, or product provisions. Follow the navigation paths shown.
- Applications – Navigate to Apps & Books > Applications > List View and select the Public, or Internal tab.
- Books – Navigate to Apps & Books > Books > List View and select the Public, Internal, or Web tab.
- Channels – Navigate to Content > Video > Channels.
- Compliance Policy – Navigate to Devices > Compliance Policies > List View.
- Device Profile – Navigate to Devices > Profiles & Resources > Profiles.
- Product Provision – Navigate to Devices > Staging & Provisioning > Products > List View.
- Locate the content or setting from the listing and select the Edit icon from the actions menu.
- Select the Assignment tab or locate the Assigned Smart Groups text box.
- Select Delete ( X) next to the smart group that you want to unassign. This action does not delete the smart group. It simply removes the smart group assignment from the saved setting.
- Follow the required steps to Save your changes.