You can associate an email domain to your environment, which requires users to enter only an email address and credentials (and in some cases select a Group ID from a list) to complete enrollment. This is a simplified approach that leverages information end users likely already know.
Tizen devices must begin communicating with AirWatch to access internal content and features, which is facilitated using the AirWatch Agent. Available for download from the Tizen Store, the AirWatch Agent provides a single resource to enroll a device as well as provide device and connection details. Additionally, agent-based enrollment allows you to:
- Authenticate users using basic or directory services, such as AD/LDAP/Domino, SAML, tokens or proxies.
- Register devices in bulk or allow users to self-register.
- Define approved OS versions, models and maximum number of devices per user.
If you do not set up an email domain for enrollment, users will be prompted for the Enrollment URL and Group ID, which must be given to them.
The following information is required prior to enrolling your Android device:
If an email domain is associated with your environment – If Using Auto Discovery
- Email address – This is your email address associated with your organization. For example, JohnDoe@acme.com.
- Credentials – This username and password allow you to access your AirWatch environment. These credentials may be the same as your network directory services or may be uniquely defined in the AirWatch Console.
If an email domain is not associated with your environment – If Not Using Auto Discovery
If a domain is not associated with your environment, you are still prompted to enter your email address. Since auto discovery is not enabled, you are then prompted for the following information:
- Enrollment URL – This URL is unique to your organization's enrollment environment and takes you directly to the enrollment screen. For example, mdm.acme.com/enroll.
- Group ID – The Group ID associates your device with your corporate role and is defined in the AirWatch Console.
- Credentials – This unique username and password pairing allows you to access your AirWatch environment. These credentials may be the same as your network directory services or may be uniquely defined in the AirWatch Console.
To download the Agent and subsequently enroll aTizen device, you'll need the following information:
- Enrollment URL – The enrollment URL is AWAgent.com for all users, organizations and devices enrolling into AirWatch.