When it is time to unenroll a device from AirWatch, ensure that you choose the best method for your situation. Unenroll devices using enterprise wipe from the AirWatch Console or remove the AirWatch Agent from the end-user device.
Enterprise wipe allows you to clear corporate data, applications, and profiles from a device without removing personal data. This action allows you to unenroll an employee-owned device without clearing the personal data.
To perform an enterprise wipe from the AirWatch Console:
- Navigate to Devices > List View and select the Windows Rugged device you want to unenroll.
- From the Device Detail page, select the More option.
- Select the Enterprise Wipe option under Management.
- Enter your Admin PIN to confirm the Enterprise Wipe.
The device undergoes an enterprise wipe to remove corporate data and unenroll the device from AirWatch.
You can also perform an enterprise wipe from the device through the AirWatch Agent. To perform a device-side enterprise wipe:
- On the device, open the AW Diagnostics app.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Select Enterprise Wipe.
The device removes corporate data and unenrolls from AirWatch.
Uninstalling the AirWatch Agent
You can also unenroll a device from AirWatch by uninstalling the AW Core Agent CAB. To unenroll by uninstalling the AirWatch Agent:
- On the device, navigate to Settings > Remove Programs.
- Find the AW Core Agent CAB and uninstall the application.
While the device removes corporate data, the device remains enrolled with AirWatch. This uninstall method is not the preferred method.