Upgrade all of your Android Rugged devices remotely with the Android OS Upgrade File/Action. Add the file/action to a product to push an OS Upgrade to your devices without needing to manually update them.
To create an OS Upgrade File/Action:
- Navigate to Devices > Staging & Provisioning > Components > Files/Actions and select Add.
Select Android as your device platform.
- Complete the General fields.
- Enter a Name.
- Enter a Description.
- View the Version automated by AirWatch.
Enter who the files/actions are Managed By.
- Select the Files tab.
Select the Add Files button.
- For Zebra devices, upload the following files and specify the path as /data/tmp/. For other devices, specify a known internal storage path on the device, such as /sdcard/.
OS Update zip file – This file can be a major or minor OS upgrade file. The file can also be an enterprise reset package.
[optional] AirWatch Agent update package (apf) – This optional file can be specified in order to update the AirWatch Agent prior to initiating the actual OS update. AirWatch can provide this .apk.
- Select the Manifest tab and select Add Action under the Install Manifest.
Add OS Upgrade command to the manifest and select the corresponding OS upgrade file that was uploaded earlier.
Your Manifest should look similar to below:
- Select Save.
After creating an OS Upgrade file/action, create a product to push the upgrade to your devices. See Create a Product for more information.
Before installing an OS Update, the device checks the battery level. If the level is below a threshold, the product will fail. This failure will display in the log.