You must generate and occasionally renew APNs Certificates to enable and maintain secure communications between your iOS devices and AirWatch. To generate an APNs certificate, you must choose between two methods.
- Follow the steps outlined in the Getting Started Wizard.
- Generate APNs certificates manually by taking the following steps.
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > Devices & Users > Apple > APNs for MDM.
If the Valid To date has passed, select the Renew button and follow the on-screen instructions. There is an instructions link that shows you how to use the Apple Push Certificates Portal to upload a certificate request. Provided on this page is a convenient Go To Apple button that opens the Apple Push Certificates Portal in a new tab of your browser. You need two items to continue.
- AirWatch Certificate Request, which is a file in the PLIST format that you can save to your device.
- The Apple ID that you originally used to create the certificate.
- Click Next to advance to the next page where you must enter your Apple ID and upload the Apple-issued AirWatch MDM certificate (PEM file).
- Select Save.