These key terms associated with Android for Work will help you in understanding how to configure and deploy settings to your users.
- Work Profile– Work Profile mode, also known as Profile Owner, creates dedicated container on your device for only business applications and content. Work Profile mode allows organizations to manage the business data and applications but not have access to the user's personal data and apps. The Android for Works apps are denoted with a red briefcase so they are distinguishable from the personal apps.
- Work Managed Device– Work Managed Device mode, also referred to as Device Owner, is scoped to the whole device. There is no personal side to the device and APIs pushed from the AirWatch Agent apply to the entire device. Work Managed Device mode applies to a device which starts in an unprovisioned state and, through a separate provisioning process, installs the AirWatch Agent and grants the Agent full control of the entire device.
- Android for Work Account – A special type of Google Account created by AirWatch using Google Play EMM API. This is the preferred account to be used if your business does not use G Suite and allows for multiple configurations of Android for Work within your organization. AirWatch manages this account and requires no Active Directory sync or Google verification.
- Managed Google Account – Refers to the Google account registered to the device used for Android for Work and provides Android for Work app management through Google Play. This account is managed by the domain that manages your Android for Work.
- Google Service Account – The Google Service Account is a special Google account that is used by applications to access Google APIs recommended for G Suite customers.
EMM Token – Unique ID that AirWatch uses to connect the AirWatch Console to the Managed Google Account.
- Managed Google Domain – Domain claimed for enabling Android for Work associated with your enterprise.
- Google Domain Setup – Google process for claiming a managed Google domain.
- G Suite – A separate app store from which you can push work apps to devices.
- Parent Device – The dedicated device IT admins will use to bulk enroll child devices.
- Child Device – The dedicated device which will be enrolled into Work Managed Device mode and deployed to end users.
- AirWatch Relay – The AirWAtch application admins use to bulk enroll Android for Work Devices into AirWatch.
- NFC Bump – This is done while using the AirWatch Relay app to pass information from the parent device to the child device.