Enable Logging so the system records data for applications built with the AirWatch SDK, supported AirWatch applications, and wrapped applications.
See Supported Settings and Policies Options By Component and AirWatch App to find out if your application supports using these settings. Find the matrices in the AirWatch Mobile Application Management Guide.
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > Apps > Settings and Policies > Settings.
- Select Enabled for Logging.
Choose your Logging Level from a spectrum of recording frequency options.
- Select Send logs over Wi-Fi only to prevent the transfer of data while roaming and to limit data charges.
- Save your settings.
Application Log Limits for SaaS Deployments
The AirWatch system collects logs until the log file size reaches 200 MB for SaaS environments. If the log size exceeds 200 MB, the system stops collecting logs. The AirWatch Console notifies you when your application log size reaches 75% of 200 MB.
To act on the application log size, contact your VMware AirWatch Representative.
- Ask for an increase in your application log size.
- Ask for a purge of your application log. The system can purge logs older than two weeks.
You can access the feature to download logs and delete unneeded logs that you enable in this logging feature. See Configure View Logs for Internal Applications for details.
For more topics about the SDK and mobile application management, see MAM Functionality With SDK Functions.