Configure iOS updates on iOS 9+ devices to ensure that end users are taking advantage of all the security and features offered on the latest iOS version. Administrators can query for available updates on iOS 9+ devices and force updates on iOS 9+ DEP+Supervised devices and iOS 10.3+ Supervised devices.
Query for iOS Updates (iOS 9+ devices)
- Navigate to Devices > List View > Select Device > More > Query > iOS Update.
- On the Details View page, select the Summary tab and find the Device Info box to determine if an update is available for the selected device. Available iOS Updates appears in the box if an update is available. If not, None indicates that there are no updates.
Configure iOS Update (iOS 9+ DEP+Supervised devices)
- Navigate to Devices > List View > Select Device > More > iOS Update. A message box appears.
- Select OK to send the command to push the iOS update on the device.
- View the iOS Update Status on the Details View page. Select Refresh as needed to update the iOS Update Status and Download Percentage of the update. When the update process is complete, None appears in the Device Info box.