The Managed Settings page in the AirWatch Console lets you configure a few extra settings related to the AirWatch Agent and managing iOS devices.
Configure Managed Settings
You can set the roaming and hotspot settings for devices in your organization groups by configuring the Default Cellular Settings in the AirWatch Console.
To configure default settings:
- Navigate to Devices > Device Settings > Devices & Users > Apple > Apple iOS > Managed Settings > Default Managed Settings .
- Configure which devices the settings affect according to ownership type, including Corporate - Dedicated, Corporate - Shared, Employee Owned and Unknown.
- Enable or disable:
- Voice Roaming (iOS 5+)
- Data Roaming (iOS 5+)
Personal Hotspot (iOS 7)
Activation Lock (iOS 7 and Supervised)
- Select Save to save the settings to devices in the current organization group.
Override Default Roaming Settings (iOS)
Modifying iOS settings to manage roaming status does not apply a permanent restriction. End users are able to make changes to these settings manually if needed.
To override default settings in order to modify roaming permissions for an individual iOS device:
- Navigate to Devices > List View. Filter by Platform to locate your desired device. Select its Friendly Name to launch the Device Control Panel.
Select More > Managed Settings.
Select the Enable or Disable radio button to override current Voice Roaming Allowed, Data Roaming Allowed, and Personal Hotspot Allowed settings.
- Click Save.
Set a Default Wallpaper
Set a default Lock Screen image or Home Screen image for iOS 7 + Supervised devices to match your corporate branding policies.
- Navigate to Devices > Device Settings > Devices & Users > Apple > Apple iOS > Managed Settings. Scroll down to the Default Wallpaper section.
- Upload a Lock Screen Image or Home Screen Image.
- Select Save.
Set Default Organization Information
To set up custom organization information for MDM prompts for iOS 7+ devices:
- Navigate to Devices > Device Settings > Apple > Apple iOS > Managed Settings and scroll down to the Default Organization Information section.
- Enter your organization information, including name, phone number, and email.
- Select Save.