Every directory user you want to manage through AirWatch Mobile Device Management (MDM) must have a corresponding user account in the AirWatch Console.
You can directly add your existing directory services users to AirWatch using one of the following methods.
- Batch upload a file containing all your directory services users. The act of batch importing automatically creates a user account.
- Create an AirWatch user accounts one at a time by entering the directory user name and selecting Check User to auto-populate remaining details.
- Do not import in bulk nor manually create user accounts and instead allow all directory users to self-enroll at enrollment time.
A fourth option, applying AirWatch user groups linked to directory service groups, is explained in the next section. This option can be used with these methods or by itself.
For information about how these methods affect various directory services enrollment options,
Managing Directory Service Users in AirWatch
If you choose to use directory services in AirWatch, note the following.
- Directory users can only be created at the same level as the organization group (OG) where directory services settings are enabled. You can see users at the organization group level where they have a device enrolled. However, users can only be managed at the same level as the directory service settings.
- To delete or edit a user account, you must be at the same level as the directory services settings.
- To add a device to an existing AirWatch user account, you must be at a lower level than the root OG where directory services are enabled.