Enable peer-to-peer distribution and download the peer-to-peer distribution server.
Copy the shared key the peer-to-peer server installer displays. If you lose this key, you must install the server again and select to regenerate the key. You enter this shared key in the AirWatch Console.
- Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > System > Enterprise Integration > Peer Distribution.
Download the peer-to-peer server and install it, as the admin, in your network on the same server as the VMware Enterprise Systems Connector and the SQL database or SQL Server Express. Ensure to copy and save the shared key to enter to the AirWatch Console.
If you do not install the server on the same machine with the other components, then install the server in the secured network so that it can communicate with the other components and the clients after you distribute them.
After installing the peer-to-peer server, complete the rest of the options on the Peer Distribution page.
Setting Description Configuration Server Name/ IP
Enter the server name or IP address of the peer-to-peer server.
If you put the server on the same machine as the VMware Enterprise Systems Connector, use that name or IP address.
Shared Authentication Key
Enter the key copied during the installation of the peer-to-peer server.
This key activates trusted communication between the peer-to-peer server, the peer-to-peer clients, and the AirWatch infrastructure.
The system displays a key mismatch error if you do not enter the most recent key generated.
Enable this optional feature to upload a spreadsheet of your network topology. You can also download the topology for your network as recorded by the peer-to-peer system.
Network topologies can be intricate. Before you enable this feature, speak with your network team about the company's network topology.
If you disable this option, the system creates one office for each subnet of the registered clients. These offices are connected to the central office as children.
There are benefits to this setting.
- It helps control the initial download to preferred devices in a subnet. Preferred devices have a history of being available on the network and successfully downloading to other devices in their subnet.
- It keeps IP ranges in tact because split network ranges cause no-office clients and no-office clients do not get downloads from the peer-to-peer server.
- It ensures downloads initiate on configured networks before defaulting to content delivery networks or file storage systems.
Assigned To Groups Enter groups to receive applications with the peer-to-peer system. Troubleshooting Server ID Use this value when you talk to an AirWatch representative about issues with the peer distribution system. Health Check Validates that communication works between the peer-to-peer system and the AirWatch infrastructure. It also validates that the current system is using the supported peer-to-peer client and server versions. Publish Content
Publishes every application in the system.
This option helps to rebuild application deployments in case of a catastrophic incident.
Activated Licenses Download Activated Devices is a report that lists the devices that have installed the peer-to-peer client and are currently using a license.
- Save the settings and the system automatically deploys peer-to-peer clients to the devices in the groups entered on this page.
For details about the peer distribution system, requirements, and considerations, see Peer Distribution for Win32 Applications.