You must run an SQL script against the AirWatch Database to create the Remote Management CN. Use the generated CN to create the root and intermediate certificates for Advanced Remote Management (ARM).
- Open the Remote Management Certificate Generator. You must run this as an Administrator.
- Select the Question Mark button.
- Copy the displayed text. This text is the SQL script to run against the AirWatch Database.
- Switch to the AirWatch Database server and open SQL Server Management Studio.
- Create a query with the copied text.
On the first line of the query, replace the NULL value with the GroupID for the customer type OG that you want to use. The OG you choose must be a customer type, it cannot be of any other type including global, partner, container, and so on.
DECLARE @GroupID NVARCHAR(20) = NULL;
DECLARE @GroupID NVARCHAR(20) = 'RemoteManagement';
- In the Results, copy the created Remote Management CN.
The Remote Management CN is used to generate the root and intermediate certificates for Remote Management. Proceed to Step 6 of Generate the Advanced Remote Management Certificates.