The Custom Reports wizard guides you through creating a customized report on your AirWatch environment. The wizard uses starter templates or enables you to create a report from scratch.
To run the Custom Reports wizard, take the following steps.
- Ensure you are in a Customer type organization group.
- Navigate to Hub > Intelligence, select Opt-in, and choose Launch. The user interface (UI) changes to the Intelligence UI.
- Go to Reporting > Reports and then select Add Report.
- Select the report category: Apps, Devices, or OS Updates.
Select a template and choose Next.
Setting Description Apps Templates Blank Report Select to create a custom report from a blank template. Managed Apps Select to create a report that shows a list of all managed apps on your devices. All Apps Select to create a report that lists all apps, managed or unmanaged, on your devices. AirWatch iOS and Android Agents Select to create a report that lists all AirWatch Agent app details on your iOS and Android devices. Device Templates Blank Report Select to create a custom report from a blank template. Enrolled devices Select to create a report that lists all enrolled devices and their details. Non-Compliant Devices Select to create a report that lists all devices that violate your compliance policies. OS Updates Templates Blank Report Select to create a custom report based on a blank template. All Windows OS Updates Create a custom report on all (or filtered) updates to the Windows OS. Critical Update Status Create a custom report containing all (or filtered) critical updates to the OS. Security Update Status Create a custom report focused on security updates to the OS. Service Pack Update Status Create a custom report about service pack updates to the OS.
On the Customize screen, select Add Filter to add filters to your blank template or customize a starter template further. Each filter requires the following settings.
Setting Description Filter
Select an attribute that corresponds to the data you are trying to gather.
For example, the Enrolled Devices start template uses Device Enrollment Status and Device Location Group Name attributes to narrow results.
Select an operator to apply to the value of the attribute.
For example, if you are using the Device Organization Group Name attribute, select the Include selector to include all devices in the OG that match the value.
Enter a value you want to receive data on. Some selectors let you select the value from a drop-down menu while others require an explicit entry.
For example, if you are using the Device Enrollment Status attribute and the Include selector, select Enrolled to receive a report on all enrolled devices.
Conversely, if you are filtering devices by the Country attribute and the Include selector, you must type in the name of the country you wish to include in the report. You must Add Filter for each country you wish to filter.
- Under Report Preview, select Edit Columns. The Edit Columns screen displays.
- Find the column that corresponds to the filter you have chosen to see a preview of the report.
- Select Save to return to the Add Report screen.
- Select Next to proceed to Step 3.
- Enter in a Report Name and Report Description.
- Select Run your report now if you want to run the report after saving the customized report.
- Select Save to save the report.
Return to the AirWatch Console
To return to the AirWatch Console, follow these steps.
- Select the square menu for VMware Services in the top right corner of the UI.
- Select AirWatch Console from the VMware Services menu.
For information on running, scheduling, copying, and deleting reports, see Custom Reports Management.