Before deploying Android devices, you should consider the following pre-requisites, requirements for enrollment, supporting materials, and helpful suggestions from the AirWatch team.
Supported Operating Systems
Android 5.X.X (Lollipop)
Android 6.X.X (Marshmallow)
Android 7.X.X (Nougat)
Android 8.X.X (Oreo)
To view an exhaustive list of all the Android devices that support Android for Work, please visit the Features section of the Android for Work website.
Important: Android for Work requires AirWatch Agent 5.2+.
Each Android for Work device in your organization's deployment must be enrolled before it can communicate with AirWatch and access internal content and features. The following information is required prior to enrolling your devices.
If an email domain is associated with your environment – If Using Auto Discovery
- Email address – This is your email address associated with your organization. For example, JohnDoe@acme.com.
- Credentials – This username and password allow you to access your AirWatch environment. These credentials may be the same as your network directory services or may be uniquely defined in the AirWatch Console.
If an email domain is not associated with your environment – If Not Using Auto Discovery
If a domain is not associated with your environment, you are still prompted to enter your email address. Since auto discovery is not enabled, you are then prompted for the following information:
- Enrollment URL – This URL is unique to your organization's enrollment environment and takes you directly to the enrollment screen. For example, mdm.acme.com/enroll.
- Group ID – The Group ID associates your device with your corporate role and is defined in the AirWatch Console.
- Credentials – This unique username and password pairing allows you to access your AirWatch environment. These credentials may be the same as your network directory services or may be uniquely defined in the AirWatch Console.
To download the Agent and subsequently enroll an Android for Work device, you'll need the following information:
- Enrollment URL – The enrollment URL is AWAgent.com for all users, organizations and devices enrolling into AirWatch.