Consider applying these policies and restrictions to ensure the best experience and maintenance for your single-purpose using single app mode policies. These recommendations are useful if you are deploying a single app mode profile for devices in kiosk and digital signage use cases where an end user is not associated with the device.
Create a "Restrictions" profile and configure the following within the profile:
- Disable the following options under Device Functionality:
- Allow Status Bar - This ensures an immersive experience when the device is locked into a single app.
- Allow Keyguard - This ensures that the device does not get locked.
- Enable the following options under Device Functionality:
- Force Screen On when Plugged In on AC Charger
- Force Screen On when Plugged In on USB Charge
- Force Screen On when Plugged In on Wireless Charger
These options ensure that the device screen is always turned on for interaction.
Deploy the System Update Policy profile to ensure the device receives the latest fixes with minimal manual intervention.