If you want to operate the Advanced Remote Management server across multiple AirWatch environments, then take the following steps. This procedure assumes you have already completed all of the steps in Generate the Advanced Remote Management Certificates.
You should not follow this step if you want ARM to work with a single AirWatch environment.
- Log in to the secondary or other AirWatch environment. Do not log in to the same AirWatch environment from Step 4 in the task linked above.
- In the AirWatch Console, switch to your primary OG.
- The OG you choose must be of a 'customer' type. For more information about organization groups, see Organization Group Type Functions from the VMware AirWatch Mobile Device Management Guide.
Navigate to Groups & Settings > All Settings > System > Advanced > Site URLs, scroll down to the External Remote Management section, and copy the string in the Remote Management CN field. If this field is blank, then you must manually Create the Common Name from the AirWatch Database.
Switch back to the ARM server. Run the Remote Management Certificate Generator, which comes with the Remote Management Installer, using the following values.
Setting Value Certificate Type Remote Management Deployment Upload Intermediate Certificate Common Name
Paste the Remote Management CN from Step 3 above.
- Select Generate Certificates button.
- When prompted, you must select the intermediate private cert. This certificate and password is the same one you originally generated in Step 8 of Generate the Advanced Remote Management Certificates. This certificate is located in c:\temp\certs of the ARM server.
- In the ARM server, locate the 'artifacts' folder and run the SQL script file "Certificate Seed Script.sql" against the AirWatch Database to seed the generated certificates into the AirWatch database.
Repeat this entire step for each additional AirWatch environment you want ARM to work with.
For example, if you want to add two additional AirWatch environments to the first environment you configured originally, then you would need to follow the steps of this task twice.
- Once you have completed installing the client certificate for each AirWatch environment, proceed to Configure the AirWatch Console.