The AirWatch Agent application facilitates enrollment and allows for real-time management and access to relevant device information. The enrollment process secures a connection between Android devices and your AirWatch environment.
Android Rugged devices also support using the AirWatch Agent for Android to enroll devices. AirWatch recommends using the Product Provisioning system to enroll devices through staging packages as the AirWatch Agent enrollment method does not support some Product Provisioning functionality. The issues are listed below:
- WifiConfig cannot configure Fusion settings for Motorola devices. You must push the WifiConfig.apk as an internal app after enrollment to configure the settings. Extract the WifiConfig.apk from a sideload staging bundle inside the Agent folder of a device and upload it to the AirWatch Console as an internal app.
- Product Persistence does not support AirWatch Agent enrollment method. Products marked for persistence still download to the device but an Enterprise Reset removes all products. Persisted products do not automatically reinstall following an Enterprise Reset when the device reboots.
For additional enrollment considerations and details about configuring enrollment options including enforcing enrollment restrictions, please see Device Enrollment Overview.
Android devices use the Enrollment URL to first check and then download the AirWatch Agent. The AirWatch Agent provides a single resource to enroll a device as well as provides device and connection details. Additionally, the enrollment process allows you to:
- Authenticate users using basic or directory services, such as AD/LDAP/Domino, SAML, tokens or proxies.
Authenticate users using pass through authentication using Single Sign On.
- Register devices in bulk or allow users to self-register.
- Define approved OS versions, models and maximum number of devices per user.