If you are using VMware Enterprise Systems Connector and the JCCH appliance is not public-facing, then you need to follow the instructions below to ensure the VMware Enterprise Systems Connector configuration trusts the appliance.
- Open the JCCH console certificate and view the Certificate Path tab.
- If multiple certificates are listed, they will need to be separated and added to the appropriate stores.
- The remaining steps address adding the root certificate to the Trust Root Store.
- Open MMC by searching for it using Windows Search and launching the mmc.exe file.
- Navigate to File > Add/Remove Snap-in. The Add or Remove Snap-ins screen displays.
- Select the Certificates snap-in in the left pane and select Add.
- Select Computer account as Snap-in source. Select Next.
- Select Local computer and then select Finish.
- Select OK.
- Expand the newly added Certificates tree.
- Expand the Trusted Root Certification Authorities folder.
- Right-click the Certificates folder here and select All Tasks > Import.
- Proceed through the Certificate Import Wizard. You will be prompted to Browse and select the file of the root certificate used to generate the JCCH Console certificate. Select Next.
- Select Place all certs in the following store and then select Next.
- Click Finish.
- Repeat steps 8-13 for all other intermediate and child certificates to add them to their associated stores.
The import completes and the Certificate Store displays, where you can see the certificate you just installed.