As a best practice you can schedule a maintenance window to ensure that there is no service degradation during the uninstall and new install process.
Detach all volumes before you upgrade the App Volumes Manager.
- Using the ODBC Data Source applet in the Control Panel, note the database and server name defined in the system ODBC source svmanager.
- Create a backup of the App Volumes database using SQL Server tools.
- Create a full server backup or snapshot of the App Volumes Manager server.
- Using the Programs and Features applet in the Control Panel, uninstall the previous version of the App Volumes Manager.
- Install a new version of the App Volumes Manager.
- Specify the database server and name.
Ensure that you do not select the Overwrite existing database checkbox.
- To verify the installation, connect to the App Volumes Management console.