The VMware App Volumes update feature makes a copy of an existing AppStack, and allows you to add more applications, update current applications, or make any other changes to the newly copied AppStack . The original AppStack still exists and is unaffected by the changes to the copy.
- If the App Volumes Manager is not open already, go to the Windows Start menu and select VMware App Volumes Manager or click on the desktop icon or navigate to the Manager host name.
- On the App Volumes Manager page, click on the Volumes tab .
Existing AppStacks are displayed .
- Find an AppStack to be updated, click on the Add (+) icon or anywhere in the row to view AppStack details .
- Click Update.
- Enter a name name for the AppStack copy and provide a description for the AppStack .
The Datastore field is populated with the name of your default datastore. The path is created during the initial setup process .
- Click Create to confirm Update AppStack via pop-up then click Update .
When the process is complete, the main page of the AppStacks is displayed.
- Find the AppStack click on the (+) or (-) located on the left side of the row and click anywhere on the row .
The status of the AppStack should be unprovisioned indicating that the provisioning process is not yet complete .
The row expands and the Provision and Delete buttons are displayed .
- Click Provision and then click on a row to select the agent where to install the AppStack .
The row selected is highlighted . For In-guest VHD, it is recommended that the provisioning computer is powered off state prior to provisioning .
- Click Provision and then click Start Provisioning .
- Select the agent, install applications on the agent, and then click OK .
After the provisioning process is complete, a pop-up window displays a success message.
- In the App Volumes Manager, click Complete.
Unassign the original AppStack before you assign the updated AppStack .