The App Volumes Manager is a Windows server system used as the Web console for administration and configuration of App Volumes and assignment of AppStacks and writable volumes.
Verify that your environment meets the system requirements.
Verify that your account has local administrator privileges on the target server.
- Start the installation by running the setup.exe installer found in the Installation folder on the App Volumes installation media.
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select the Install App Volumes Manager option.
- From the database options, either use the remote database or local installation of SQL Server Express.
When you select the SQL Server Express option, it is installed automatically.
- Select the database connection method.
To use Windows Integrated Authentication method, you need to provide db_owner permissions on the new database to the computer account of the App Volumes Manager server. To use SQL authentication, create a new user and provide db_owner permissions on the new database.
A new ODBC connection named svmanager is created automatically.
- Select the Overwrite existing database (if any) checkbox.
Ensure that the Overwrite existing database (if any) checkbox is deselected when you upgrade App Volumes or install an additional manager server.
- Select the ports on which App Volumes Manager can listen for incoming connections and complete the installation.
The default ports are, HTTP:80 and HTTPS:443