App Volumes Manager is a Web console that is used for administration and configuration of App Volumes and assignment of AppStacks and writable volumes.
Download the App Volumes installer.
Ensure that you have the SQL Server authentication details with you.
Verify that your account has local administrator privileges on the target server.
- Run the setup.exe installer file.
- Read and accept the End-User License Agreement and click Next.
- Select Install App Volumes Manager and click Next.
- Select a database option:
Local installation of SQL Server Express
The database is installed automatically.
Remote SQL Server 2012
Enter the required server authentication details.
- Select the database connection method.
Windows Integrated Authentication
Provide owner permissions on the new database to the App Volumes Manager server.
Create a user and provide owner permissions to the user on the new database.
A new ODBC connection named svmanager is created.
- Select the Overwrite existing database (if any) check box and click Next.
Ensure that the Overwrite existing database (if any) check box is deselected when you upgrade App Volumes or install an additional instance of App Volumes Manager.
- Select the ports on which App Volumes Manager can listen for incoming connections.
By default, communication occurs over SSL and the default value of the port is 443. Specify the port value as 80 (or equivalent) for App Volumes Manager to listen on a HTTP port.
- (Optional) Check the Allow Connections over HTTP (insecure) box.
If you have specified the App Volumes Manager to listen on a HTTP port in Step 7, you must check this box. Checking this box disables SSL and all communication with App Volumes Manager becomes insecure .Caution:
Do not enable HTTP in a production environment.
- Click Next and enter the path where App Volumes Manager should be installed..
- Click Install to begin the installation.
What to do next
Log in to App Volumes Manager and configure the Active Directory, vCenter Server, Machine Managers, and Storage as soon as you have installed App Volumes Manager. See Configuring App Volumes Manager. You must also perform the following additional actions: