After you create and provision an AppStack, you can assign the AppStack to users, groups, or computers.
- From the App Volumes Manager console, select .
- Select the AppStack that you want to assign to a computer or user and click Assign.
- Enter the following information to assign the AppStack:
Specify the domain to which you want to assign the AppStack.
To search the Active Directory, enter a string and select an additional option (such as Begins, Ends, Equals) to refine the search.
- (Optional) : Select the Search all domains in the Active Directory forest box to search all domains.
- Click Search.
- Select the user, group, or computer to which you want to assign the AppStack and click Assign.
- Select one of the following methods of assignment:
Attach AppStack on next login or reboot
The AppStack is attached when the user logs in or reboots the machine he is logged in to.
Attach AppStack immediately
The volume is attached instantly to all computers on which the selected users are logged in. If you are assigning the AppStack to a group or organizational unit, all users or computers in that group get the attachments immediately.
After the AppStack is assigned to the selected entity, the entity becomes known to the App Volumes Manager.
What to do next
Use the Directory tab to manage AppStack assignments.