You can select datastores and paths where AppStacks and writable volumes are stored. You can configure a Hypervisor or VHD In-Guest storage type.
About this task
Volumes are attached only for virtual machines on the host. You can add available storage only when App Volumes Manager is configured in the VHD In-Guest mode. Otherwise, the list of storage locations and datastores is populated from vCenter Server. See Configure VHD In-Guest Storage.
Use a storage location that is accessible to all virtual machine host servers. When using VMDK Direct Attach Operation Mode, the App Volumes Manager requires local or shared storage to be configured on the hypervisor.
- From the App Volumes Manager console, click Storage.
If you have configured the storage options, click Edit to change the configuration.
- Enter the Default Storage Location, Default Storage Path, and Templates Path for AppStacks and Writable Volumes and click Next.
- Confirm your storage settings and click Set Defaults.
- (Optional) Check Import volumes immediately to import the volumes immediately. This option does not allow you to perform administrative tasks while import is underway.
- Verify the information you entered on the Upload Prepackaged Volumes page, select the volumes, and click Upload.
The volumes packaged with this App Volumes Manager are uploaded to the selected datastore.