Configure storage for Writable Volumes by selecting the default storage locations and paths.
About this task
If local host storage is used, volumes are attached only for virtual machines on that host.
Use a storage location that is accessible to all virtual machine host servers. When using VMDK Direct Attach Operation Mode, the App Volumes Manager requires local or shared storage to be configured on the hypervisor.
- From the App Volumes Manager, click .
If you have configured the storage options, click Edit to change the configuration.
- Enter the information for the following fields:
Default Storage Location
Storage Location in VC
Default Storage Path
For example, /cloudvolumes/writable
- Confirm your storage settings and click Save.
- (Optional) Check Import volumes immediately to import the volumes immediately. This option does not allow you to perform administrative tasks while import is underway.
- Verify the information you entered on the Upload Prepackaged Volumes page, select the volumes, and click Upload.
The volumes packaged with this App Volumes Manager are uploaded to the selected datastore.