You can upgrade the App Volumes agent to the latest available version.
You can also upgrade the agent silently. See Upgrade App Volumes Agent Silently.
- Download the latest App Volumes installer from My VMware.
- Schedule a maintenance window to ensure that there is no service degradation during the uninstall and subsequent upgrade process.
- Upgrade the App Volumes Manager. See Upgrade App Volumes Manager.
- Unassign all AppStacks and writable volumes from the target computer where you plan to upgrade the agent.
- Log in as administrator on the machine where the App Volumes agent is installed.
- Locate the App Volumes installer you have downloaded and run the setup.exe file.
- Select the App Volumes agent component in the Installer window and click Install.
- Click Next to begin the installation.
The installer backs up the configuration files and services.
- Click Finish when you see the confirmation message.