After you create and provision an AppStack, you can assign the AppStack to a user.
You can have an AppStack assigned to a user and computer at the same time. See Assign an AppStack to a Computer.
- From the App Volumes Manager, go to .
A list of AppStacks are displayed.
- Select the AppStack you want to assign.
- Click Assign..
- Search the Active Directory for users to assign to the selected AppStack.
- (Optional) Check the Search all domains in the Active Directory Forest to search all domains.
- Select a user or users and click Assign.
You can assign an AppStack to multiple users at the same time.
- (Optional) Select Limit delivery for these assignments.
- If you want the selected AppStack to be attached only when the user logs into a specific computer, specify the prefix of the computer name.
- Click Assign.
- Select one of the following methods of assignment:
Option Description Attach AppStacks on next login or reboot The AppStack is attached when the user logs in or reboots the machine. Attach AppStacks immediately The volume is attached instantly to all computers on which the selected users are logged in. If you are assigning the AppStack to a group or organizational unit, all users or computers in that group get the attachments immediately.After the AppStack is assigned to the selected entity, the entity becomes known to the App Volumes Manager.
What to do next
Go to AppStack assignments and manage them.to view the complete list of
To assign another AppStack to the same user or users, go to , select the user from the list of Managed Users, and assign the AppStack.