You can create a Package for an Application either immediately after creating the Application or at a later point in time.
When you create a Package, you only provide the metadata such as name, storage, path, template, and description of the Package from the App Volumes Manager.
For information about life cycle of a Package, see Lifecycle of a Package.
- You must have already created an Application.
- You must have uploaded the template for packages to the datastore.
- From App Volumes Manager, go to .
- Select an Application and click Create Package.
- On the Create Package page, provide the Package details such as Name, Base Package, Storage, Path, Template, Stage, and Description.
Base Package acts as reference when you opt to create a new version of a Package by using an existing version as base.
- Click Create.
- On the Confirm Create Package window, select one of the options and click Create.
Option Action Perform in the background The Package gets created for the Application in the background and you can perform other tasks.Note: Status of the Package is
Wait for completion You must wait until the Package is created for the Application. You cannot perform any other tasks until the Package gets created.